Many people today resort to dental implants to restore a distinctive or full smile and to replace some missing teeth due to some factors, but is this process 100% successful? Is there a possibility to be failed or unsuccessful? What are the reasons for its failure? What are the tips that must be followed to get a distinct result? All these questions we answer you in this article.
Table of Contents
Reasons for failure of dental implants
Poor oral hygiene is one of the most common causes of dental implant failure. If you don’t brush and floss regularly, bacteria can cause infection around the implant, causing it to fail. Smoking can reduce blood flow to your gums and decrease its success rate.
Other chronic diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and autoimmune disorders can affect the success rate of dental implants and uncontrolled disease can lead to implant failure.
Incorrect position or angle of the implant can cause mechanical failure, resulting in implant loss.
The jawbone must be strong enough to hold the implant in place, but if it is too weak or too thin, it may not be able to support the implant properly, causing it to fail.
If the implant receives too much force or weight due to chewing or grinding, it can fail over time due to mechanical overload.
Some people may be allergic to the titanium material used in dental implants, which leads to infection and implant failure.
How to avoid the failure of dental implants?
– Make sure to choose an experienced, reputable dentist who has a proven track record of successful implant outcomes.
– Follow your dentist’s instructions carefully when it comes to care before and after surgery, including taking all medications as prescribed, avoiding smoking or drinking, and brushing and flossing around the implant site regularly.
– Regular check-ups are essential to maintaining healthy dental implants. Just schedule regular check-ups with your dentist to make sure your implant is in place and there are no signs of infection.
– Poor oral hygiene can lead to failure so brush your teeth twice a day, floss daily, and use mouthwash after brushing to help keep your gums healthy.
– Chewing on hard foods can damage dental implants or loosen them from the gum line. Avoid hard foods such as ice cubes and hard candy as well as crunchy snacks such as popcorn and potato chips.
The importance of dental implants
– Dental implants act as a replacement for missing teeth and can help prevent jawbone deterioration and other health problems.
– There is no need to sacrifice the natural look of your smile and dental implants look just like real teeth and blend seamlessly with the rest of your natural teeth.
– Unlike dentures, dental implants are designed to last for years and are much more durable than other restorative dental solutions.
– Missing teeth can make people feel embarrassed or insecure, but it can help restore a person’s self-esteem by returning them to their natural smile.
– Missing teeth can make eating and speaking difficult, but dental implants allow you to easily enjoy your favorite foods again, as well as enjoy conversations without worry.
Regular and immediate dental implants
Regular dental implants are the most commonly used implants in dentistry today and involve a two-step process. The first step involves surgically placing a titanium implant into the jawbone. The second step involves allowing the implant to fuse with the bone before a crown, bridge, or denture is placed over it. Regular dental implants are strong and durable. It can last for decades with proper care.
Regular implants provide superior strength and durability compared to immediate implants due to the fusion process that takes place between the implant and the bone. In addition, regular implants require less maintenance because they are not subject to shifting or moving over time. However, regular dental implants usually require a longer recovery period.
Immediate dental implants are becoming increasingly popular due to their quick and easy fitting process and unlike regular implants, immediate implants only involve one step – the implant is placed in the jawbone without allowing it to fuse.
The crown, bridge or denture is then placed once it has been inserted. Immediate implants provide faster results than regular implants but can be less reliable in terms of durability in the long term.
Advantages of dental implants in Turkey
– Turkey is known for its high standard of dental care, Turkish dentists are highly trained and experienced in dental implants, ensuring that the procedure is performed safely and effectively.
– The cost of dental implants in Turkey can be quite affordable compared to other countries.
– Turkish dentists use the latest technology when it comes to implants, ensuring that the procedures are as successful as possible.
– Turkish specialists have years of experience, so patients can rest assured that they are receiving the best possible care.
– There is a wide range of options for dental implants, including different materials and sizes, so patients can choose the option best suited to their needs.
Dental implants carry many positive and negative dimensions for the patient. If you are seeking to know more about some details and topics about it, do not hesitate before contacting our specialists from doctors and consultants to provide you with everything you need to know and see.
With Blue Medical clinic in Turkey:
with many years of experience.. Blue Medical clinic provides great care for your dental treatment , where our clinic can provide you with the best dental treatment available as our specialist team has high skills and experience in all fields of dentistry and cosmetic dentistry and the best orthodontics , we offer a wide range of services, From basic dental cleanings and check-ups to more complex procedures such as root canals , we also offer aesthetic medicine services such as teeth whitening and dental veneers.
Related articles :
Hollywood smile in Istanbul
advantages of cosmetic dentistry in Turkey
Plastic surgery in Istanbul
Dental treatment cost in Turkey
advantages of laser teeth whitening in Istanbul
Types and risks of dental implants in Turkey
hair transplant techniques in Istanbul
Dental veneers in Turkey
Hair transplantation in Turkey
Types of orthodontics in Istanbul and their features